Tuesday, May 25, 2010

BEHINDER I GET


So I pose these questions for your consideration. Does time speed up? Does time stand still? Where has the time gone? Is there no time like the present? Does time travel? Our time is not the Lord's time.
Time keeps on SLIPPIN....Slippin....slippin into the future~ It seems as life progresses and we age that time is not always our friend. I have to ask myself, when did I have time to work? It truly seems like the faster I go the behinder I get! All about me;it seems, is more things I need and should do. I remember endless days of summer laying on the grass watching the tall trees blow in the wind. Hikes up to 76 Rock with Heidi and singing "Born Free". Riding my bike and spending literally all day at the pool until I had to go home just because I was starving. Carrying empty milk bottles to the dairy to get whole milk and pick up a penny piece or two to munch on the way home. Raising 22 ducks in my back yard that started with two that I won from the 4th of July celebration on Main Street from pitching dimes into a dish. Going to the Drive-In movie, lemonade sales in my front yard and neighborhood plays and pageants in our back yard. Irrigating the garden in the middle of the night with Daddy and catching night crawlers with Mom with a flash light so we could go fishing. Eating watercress on our sandwiches that we picked out of a little stream, and picking pine cones for pine nuts and choke cherries and elderberries to make syrup for pancakes. Cutting wood and hauling it home for the winter, kick-the-can and night games, trips to Big Rock Candy Mountain, getting to sit in the announcers booth with Daddy at all the Rodeos and Demolition Derbies. 4th of July parades and fireworks at the park, Rotary dinners with Mom and Dad cause I was the youngest. Waiting in line to sit on Santa's lap and getting a brown paper bag full of peanuts, popcorn, gumdrops, spiced ribbon candy, and chocolate covered nougats that I loved to eat along with the peanuts. Working at the radio station, collecting bottles to turn in for pennies, raising sheep; even in our basement and waking up to cute little pink noses and wiggly tails in fresh straw as they anticipated the sprite bottle full of warm formula I got to feed them. Swinging from the giant tree in my back yard and playing for hours on a big blue oil barrel standing on it and rolling it up and down the lawn. Learning to ride a unicycle along Gentry's fence and riding it all over town. Dragging Main Street and knocking on the Dairy window to set off the alarm.

Good Times.....Precious Times.....Times I hope my kids experience.

Time is Precious!

How do I use my time now? There seems to be a shortage of it to do all that I want and desire, along with all that everyone else wants. Seems at times my time is running on someone elses clock!

Gotta make the most of the time we have!

Tick....Tock...tick...tock..tick.tock~~~~~~tickety-tock

No comments: