Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December!


Ahhh December! Here it is again! It doesn't feel much like December cause the sun has been shining all week and we have no Christmas snow except for a smattering on the mountain tops that look like Mrs. Clause took a ride in the sleigh and sprinkled powdered sugar on them. I do however have cold ankles. The temperature has dropped and it was in the 30's today and I had to have a simmering cup of vanilla hazelnut tea to warm my bones and I put a lap blanket on while I worked at my computer, but I felt like I should have a walker with tennis balls to go with it. I did get one tree decorated upstairs with the help of the kiddles for family night, now Sonny wants to sneakily pull the decorations off and chew on them! You naughty doggy....now you shall have no pie!!!
I like to play. I don't think we should never stop playing. I want to call all my friends and ask them if they can play! I guess I am and forever will be a kid at heart. This time of year I want to knit scarves, make ginger bread houses with my kids, go to Christmas concerts, sing the Messiah, drive around to look at house lights, go to Christmas boutiques, and make Finnish Pulla, which by the way two little angels came to my door and brought me a plate full! Voi Etta!!! That was heaven on earth and we even chatted in Finnish.
I have cinnamon pine cones in a basket in my front room and yummy pine scents that make my house smell all Christmasy, and our collection of Christmas books. I buy one every year and read it on Christmas Eve. Each one of us also gets to open an ornament to put on the tree downstairs that represents something significant for the year, and when my children grow up and leave me...they get to take their ornaments with them to have for their very own little home.
It's simply magical! I don't care how old you are! I love it and I love sharing it with all it's traditions with my family and friends! I even love to just go to the mall and walk around to feel all the hustle and bustle of shoppers shopping for people they love, and see kids on Santa's lap. I love presents under the tree...not for me, but things I made or found just specially for my friends and family.
I loved it when I asked Hannah what she wanted for Christmas and she said "nothing...I don't need anything. I would rather give it to some other little girl who doesn't have anything." There are so many things I love about it I can't even mention them all. The greatest thing about Christmas is Christ. The greatest gift of all!!!!!!!!!
Merry CHRISTmas!!!!!

1 comment:

Camille said...

YAY!!!! You posted! I haven't posted on mine since October but you're worse...AUGUST!!! Cute blog and I feel the same way about this wonderful Holiday!!!