Wednesday, January 7, 2009


I love the snow. It reminds me of the beautiful winters in Finland. I love the crunch under my feet as I walked in the snow, the quiet stillness of the dark nights, the crystal clean snow, and snowflakes that really and truely look like ornate snowflakes that we cut out of paper! That was the most amazing thing in the world to me the first time I saw these huge lacey flakes! I loved the little puffs of smoke from all the homes with the sauna stoves a blaze, the smell of birchwood, and a loaf of fresh pulla with cold lingon berry juice and the rush of rolling in the snow after sauna. I never braved jumping in the ice hole. I was afraid something might freeze and break off! I loved the cemataries all aglow with candle light, and riding through the forests with the trees flocked with crystals of snow. Ahhh sweet memories of beautiful SUOMI!!

No comments: