Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'M SO MERRY!!!!





Love this wonderful time of year....there's no place like home for the holidays!!!! I am so excited to have my family together for all the festivities, food, fun, laughter, games, traditions and much merriment! I have kinda walked around the stores, and for some reason all the "stuff" just looks like....well...."STUFF". It seemed like all the stores marked everything "UP" so they could have their big door crashing, people crushing, cart smacking, door buster sales and saaay they marked everything "DOWN"! Are ya with me here? or is it a fragment of my imagination? Could be a figment in light of figgy pudding??? I dunno! Anyway. I loved Pres. Monson's idea of the Best Christmas Ever where he said. "Giving, not gettting, brings to full bloom the Christmas spirit. Enemies are forgiven, friends remembered, and God obeyed. the spirit of Christmas illluminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world's busy life and become more interested in PEOPLE than THINGS! To catch the real meaning of the "SPIRIT of CHRISTMAS," we need only drop the last syllable, and it becomes....
"THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST"! Don't we all have enough "STUFF" around! I mean really what do we really need? I love people, and I love being with people and family and friends...giving to someone else that really needs. That makes for me the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!!

MERRY "CHRIST"MAS!!!

No comments: